WEATHER WATCHING FOR JULY 21 PHILLIES PERFORMANCE

We are watching the weather forecast for Tuesday. Last week it was very promising. Tonight, it looks awful. 
If our game is canceled (not "rain delayed" - that's something different), the Phillies will try to reschedule our performance, and your tix will be good for the performance game and/or a different game if that new performance day doesn't work for you. No refunds, but flexibility in exchanging tix.

To that end, please determine your availability for a Wednesday daytime or Thursday day or nighttime game this same week.  The LA game could be rescheduled for any of these times.  OR WE, our performance, could be rescheduled for a completely different game including one next season
 Your tix would still be honored. 

SO, with all that said, if the coordinator calls me on Tuesday to cancel, I want to know your collective availability for Wed and Thurs.  Based on looking at the Phillies and Dodgers' schedules, a makeup double header on Wednesday afternoon, or a game on Thursday is totally possible.

Historically, however, games are rarely called off ahead of time. MLB tries to get in the games around the weather.  So, think "possible rain delay."  The Phillies have info about rain outs online. They have a weather watch link, too. Go to your app if you're curious. We will have options for our ticket purchases if the game is canceled. Our performance will be rescheduled. (Different story for rain delays, however.) 

I will stay in touch with you via email and Janine will put obvious info on our website. And you can text me and your singer friends for up-to-the-minute info.

I've purchased 50 clear, thin, plastic rain ponchos for us. Your guests might consider doing the same, although the Phillies do sell them at concession stands I'm told. Plastic garbage bags work well, too, but I wanted you all uniformly attired (Sigh.) So, I bought clear ones for us. You can bring in regular sized umbrellas according to the website. But, of course, no umbrellas on the actual field.
  
We'll be flexible and keep our sense of humor, and no matter what the Phillies say, I will not put you in harm's way. 
(In case of severe thunderstorms.)

See you tomorrow, Monday night. 7:30. Bring your calendars. 
PUT ME IN, COACH, I'M READY TO SING!
Cheers!
Gayle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog